Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
ASTON SANDFORD is a parish and small retired village, consisting of a few
cottages dispersed round a small green, 4 miles E.N.E. from Thame, and 7 1/2
S.W. of Aylesbury, in the west part of the detached portion of the hundred
of Ashendon, and union of Aylesbury. The church is an antique little
building, comprising chancel, nave, and gable-roofed porch. In the chancel
is a neat marble tablet, conmemorative of the Rev. Thomas Scott, author of
the admirable and well-known 'Commentary on the Bible,' who was rector of
this parish from 1803 till his death in 1821. The living is a rectory, in
the deanery of Aylesbury, and incumbency of the Rev. G. Alford, M.A. Area of
the parish, 669 acres; population in 1861,59.
Brown Rev B. Hayward (rector)
Goodman William, farmer, Court farm
Stopps.William, farmer, the Pastures
Letters through Thame