Beachampton pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
BEACHAMPTON is a mall parish and irregular village, in the hundred and union
of Buckingham, situate 2 miles from Stony Stratford, and 6 from Buckingham.
The church is a plain edifice, seated on the bank of the Ouse which passes
through the village. The benefice is a rectory, in the deanery of
Buckingham, and patronage of Caiu's College, Cambridge; annual value, £380.
The Rev. Richard Norris Russell, M.A., is rector. Here is a Free Latin
School, founded and endowed by Sir William Elmer, in 1625. Area in acres,
1492; population in 1861, 272.
Russell Rev Richard Norris, M.A. (rector)
Alderman John, carpenter
Alderman Thomas, poulterer
Anderson Joseph, baker
Bartlett Isaac, farmer
Brett Catherine, Bell
Brett Thomas, farmer
Chibnall Anthony, farmer, Mill farm
Davy George, tailor
Dickens Richard, farmer
Flowers John, farmer, Grove farm
Flowers Thos., farmer, Hall farm
Godfrey James, parish clerk
Lovell George, farmer, Grange and School farms
Sheppard Henry, shoemaker
Smith Thomas, blacksmith
Whiteheod Thomas, farmer
Elmer's Latin School, Charles Hillcock, master
Letters through Stony Stratford
**** Provided By Kevan