Bradenham pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
BRADENHAM is a village in the parish of its name, hundred of Desborough, and
union of High Wycombe, situate 4 miles N. W. from High Wycombe, on the road
from that town to Princes Risborough. The church is a flint and stone
edifice, of ancient structure, with an ivy-mantled porch at the north end,
square tower, clock, and projecting buttresses. The living is a rectory,
value £230 per annum, in the deanery of Marlow, and incumbency of the Rev.
Isaac King, M.A., non-resident. Bradenham House, a spacious mansion
adjoining the church, was formerly the residence of the Disraeli family. The
parish contained in 1861, 185 inhabitants; area in statute acres, 1001.
Gibbs Rev Mr, Rectory
Graves Rev John, Manor house
Anderson Simeon, farmer
Atty James Louis, land agent
Ball Thomas, blacksmith
Coles John, farmer
Dover Wm. Henry, Red Lion and chair manufacturer
Goodchild Wm., farmer
Goodearl Richard, parish clerk
Kennedy Charles, chair manufacturer
Lacey Benjamin, timber dealer
Lacey Richard, sawyer
Lee Free, baker
Lee Richard, farmer & veterinary surgeon
Randall Thomas, farmer
Sprosten Wm., grocer & draper
Tuck Buckmaster Joseph, farmer, Manor farm
Wooster Henry, chair carver and polisher
Letters through High Wycombe
**** Provided By Kevan