You can search the historical London and Pub wiki sites by surname, street name, district etc.

Anchor, 35 Magdalen Street, Colchester

Colchester pub history index

This pub was present by the eighteenth century, possibly originally as the Blue Anchor. It was renamed the Boar’s Head in 1894 and closed in 1910. The premises are now demolished. **

Residents at this address

1822/Charles Inman/../../../Pigot's*

1823-4/Charles Inman/../../../Pigot's

1828-9/Charles Inman/../../../Pigot's

1832-3/William Cant/../../../Pigot's

1839/Mark Munson/../../../Pigot's

1845/Joseph Wenden/../../../Post Office

1848/Joseph Wenden/../../../White's

1851/Joseph Wenden/licensed victualler/58/Earls Colne, Essex/Census **
1851/Mary Ann Wenden/wife/51/Earls Colne, Essex/Census
1851/Caroline Ann Wenden/daughter, scholar/09/Colchester, Essex/Census
1851/Letitia Smith/niece, domestic/24/Earls Colne, Essex/Census
1851/Joseph Wenden/nephew, servant/23/Earls Colne, Essex/Census

1855/J. Wendon/../../../Kelly's*

1855/Joseph Wenden/../../../Post Office Directory **

1862/John Kennedy/../../../Kelly's

1867/Charles Webb/../../../Post Office

1870/Charles Webb/Bricklayer/../../Kelly's

1871/Charles Webb/Bricklayer/../../Post Office

1874/Mrs. Eliza Norris/../../../Kelly's

1878/William Collins/../../../Kelly's

1881/William Collings/Licensed Victualler/37/Aylesbury, Buckingham/Census
1881/Henrietta Collings/Wife/39/Clapham, Surrey/Census

1882/William Collings/../../../Kelly's

1886/Walter William Collings/../../../Kelly's

1894/Charles Frost/../../../Kelly's

1895/Charles Frost/../../../Kelly's

Known as the Boar's Head from 1898 to 1908

1898/Charles Frost/../../../Kelly's

1899/Charles Frost/../../../Kelly's

1902/Charles Frost/../../../Kelly's

1908/Richard Harding/../../../Kelly's

** Provided by Stephen Harris

And Last updated on: Sunday, 27-Oct-2019 15:25:08 GMT