The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
CHILDERDITCH, a parish in Billericay district, Essex; 2 and ½ miles S by E of Brebtwood r. station, and 6 SW of Billericay. Post-town, Brentwood. Acres, 1,614. Real property, £1,664. Pop., 239. Houses 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £160. Patron, Lord Petre. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair.
Transcribed by Noel Clark