The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
FARNHAM, a parish in the district of Bishop-Stortford, and county of Essex; adjacent to the river Stort and to the boundary with Herts, 2 miles W by N of Stanstead r. station, and 2½ N of Bishop-Stortford. It has a post-office under Bishop-Stortford. Acres, 1,966. Real property, £2,825. Pop., 556. Houses, 113. Farnham Hall is a principal residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £518. Patron, Trinity College, Oxford. The church is a low building, with a tower. An endowed school has £45; and other charities £16.
Transcribed by Noel Clark