The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
HENNY (GREAT), a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; on the river Stour and the Sudbury railway, at the boundary with Suffolk, 2 miles S of Sudbury r. station. Post-town, Sudbury. Acres, 1,120. Real property, £2,562. Pop, 363. Houses, 80. The property is subdivided. The parish got its present name before the time of Edward the Confessor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £342. Patron, the Earl of Verulam. The church stands on an eminence, with a fine prospect; and has a tower and spire.
Transcribed by Noel Clark
London pub history directory.