The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
HIGH BEECH, a chapelry in Waltham Abbey parish, Essex; in Epping Forest, 2 miles E of the boundary with Middlesex, and 3½ SE of Waltham r. station. It was constituted in 1836; and its post-town is Waltham Abbey, London N. Pop., 531. Houses, 96. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is modern.
Transcribed by Noel Clark