The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
COLNE-WHITE, a parish in Halstead district, Essex; on the river Colne and on the Colne-Valley railway, ½ a mile E of Colne r. station, and 4½ ESE of Halstead. Post-town, Colne-Wakes, under Halstead. Acres, 1,467. Real property, £2,562. Pop., 400. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Whites. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £130. Patron, the Rev. W.E. Hume. The church is good.
Transcribed by Noel Clark
London pub history directory.