Archery Rooms, Bush Fair Common, Harlow
Kindly provided by Robert Sear
According to British History Online , the archery ground adjoined the Assembly Rooms, originally a tea booth, built before 1778 and enlarged in the 1820's. The building had fallen into disuse by 1896, ad demolished in the 1930's.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1832-3/Mary Skinger/Keeper of the Assembly Rooms & West Essex Archers'
Society House /../../Pigot's
1839/Thomas Houghton/Keeper of the Assembly Rooms & West Essex Archery House /../../Pigot's
1845/Thomas Houghton/../../../Post Office
1851/Thomas Houghton/../../../Post Office
1862/Thomas Houghton/../../../Post Office
* Provided by the Pubs, Inns and Taverns Index for England,1801-1900