You can search the historical London and Pub wiki sites by surname, street name, district etc.

Crown, London Road, Romford

Romford pub history index

The modern address is 260 London Road. ***

For the History of Romford & other areas of Havering:

The Crown, London Road, Romford  -  in 1969

The Crown, London Road, Romford  -  in 1969

Kindly provided by Colleen

Crown, London Road, Romford

18th August 2003

Taken by Brian Woolley

The following entries are in this format:

Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.

1805/Francis Marshall, Crown Inn, Romford/../../Holdens directory ****

1811/Ben Lea/../../../Holden's*

1867/Henry Cook/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory ***

1870/Henry Cook/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1871/Henry Cook/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory ***

1871/Henry Cook/Beer House Keeper/65/Romford, Essex/Census**
1871/Maryann Cook/Wife/60/Weald, Essex/Census**

30/08/1872/Henry Cook/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions Victuallers Records

1874/Mrs. Mary Ann Cook/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1878/Mrs. Mary Ann Cook/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1881/Mary A. Cook/Beerhouse Keeper/70/Weald, Essex/Census
1881/Henry Cook/Son, Assistant/45/Romford, Essex/Census

1882/Mrs. Mary Ann Cook/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1890/Henry John Reed/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1891/Henry J. Reed/Innkeeper/29/Romford, Essex/Census
1891/Ellen E. Reed/Wife/29/Dagenham, Essex/Census
1891/Rosina M. Reed/Daughter/?/Romford, Essex/Census
1891/Henrietta E. Reed/Daughter/4/Romford, Essex/Census
1891/Henry J. Reed/Son/10m/Romford, Essex/Census

1894/Henry John Reed/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1895/Henry John Reed/beer retailer/../../Kelly's Directory ***

1898/Henry John Reed/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1899/Henry John Reed/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

1901/Henry Reed/Publican/39/Romford, Essex/Census ***
1901/Ellen Reed/Wife/37/Dagenham, Essex/Census
1901/Marina Reed/Daughter/13/Romford, Essex/Census
1901/Henrietta Reed/Daughter/11/Romford, Essex/Census
1901/Ernest Reed/Son/9/Romford, Essex/Census
1901/Ethel Reed/Daughter/7/Romford, Essex/Census
1901/Ellen Reed/Daughter/5/Romford, Essex/Census

Note: Prior to 1902, premises only named in 1811, 1881 & 1891

1902/Henry James Reed/../../../Kelly's

1906/Robert Oliver/../../../Kelly's

1908/Arthur H. Pond/../../../Kelly's

1910/Arthur H. Pond/../../../Kelly's

1911/Arthur Henry Pond/Publican/41/St Pancras/Census ****
1911/Catherine Pond/Wife/42/Isle of Dogs/Census
1911/Hilda Pond/Daughter/13/St Marys, Islington/Census
1911/Archer Lilley/Barman/28/Romford, Essex/Census
1911/Ellen Lilley/Daughters Companion/16/Romford, Essex/Census

1912/Arthur H. Pond/../../../Kelly's

1914/Stanley Baskerville/../../../Kelly's

1917/Stanley Baskerville/../../../Kelly's

1922/Stanley Baskerville/../../../Kelly's

1925-6/Archibald Galbraith/../../../Kelly's

1929/Archibald Galgraith/../../../Kelly's

1933/Archibald Galgraith/../../../Kelly's

1937/F. E. Galbraith/../../../Kelly's

1937/S. Baskerville/../../../Kelly's

* Provided by the Pubs, Inns and Taverns Index for England, 1801-1900

** Provided by CG

*** Provided by Ewan

**** Provided by Kevan

And Last updated on: Wednesday, 03-Jul-2019 18:33:12 BST