Walthamstow pub history index
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Essex. The Essex listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Address formerly given as St James Road. This pub was established in 1871 and closed in 1900, initially then becoming a fish & chip shop. Since at least the 1950s it has been split into two private houses, and is now unrecognisable as a former pub. **
The following entries are in this format:
Residents at this address.
13/9/1872/Charles Dabbs/../../../Petty Sessions
12/10/1872/Charles Bellett/../../../Petty Sessions
11/10/1873/Thomas Cowley/../../../Petty Sessions
1874/Thomas Cowley/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's
10/9/1875/Daniel Brackley/../../../Petty Sessions
1878/Daniel Brackley/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's
1886/Daniel Brackley/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's
02/4/1898/Walter Ames/../../../Petty Sessions
** Provided by Stephen Harris