You can search the historical London and Pub history sites by surname, street name etc.

Prince of Wales, 58 St Andrews Road, Higham Hill, Walthamstow

Walthamstow pub history index

A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Essex. The  Essex listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.

This pub was established in 1865. **

Prince of Wales, 58 St Andrews Road, Higham Hill, E17 - in April 2009

Prince of Wales, 58 St Andrews Road, Higham Hill, E17 - in April 2009

Kindly provided by Stephen Harris

The following entries are in this format:

Residents at this address.

13/9/1872/John Stevenson/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

20/3/1875/William G Fowler/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

15/1/1876/John George Dalton/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

1878/John George Dalton/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

06/8/1881/Esther Dalton/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

1881/Esther Dalton/Beer Retailer/43/Mile End, Middlesex/Census
1881/John G. Dalton/Son, Painter & Grainer/19/Bethnal Green, Middlesex/Census
1881/Winnal T. Dalton/Son, Cellarman & Barman/17/Bethnal Green, Middlesex/Census
1881/William Sapsford/Potman/34/Woodside Green, Essev/Census
1881/Rebecca Mead/Visitor, Domestic Servant/37/Bethnal Green, Middlesex/Census
1881/Francis Seaman/Visitor/6/Stepney, Middlesex/Census
1881/Esther Seaman/Visitor/4/Bethnal Green, Middlesex/Census

1882/John George Dalton/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

09/2/1883/John P Lowther/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

02/8/1884/W Lewis Underwood/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

1/10/1887/Hy Detley Underwood/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

3/10/1887/Hy Detley Thurze/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

7/11/1891/James Scott/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

14/11/1895/Mary Ann Scott/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions

1897/Thomas Saunders/../../../Walthamstow, Leyton & Chingford Guardian 24.7.1903 **

1903/Thomas Saunders/../../../Walthamstow, Leyton & Chingford Guardian 24.7.1903 **

1910/Arthur Deveson/../../../Alterations to Licensed Premises records **

1938/William John Nailand/../../../per. Waltham Forest Oral History Group **


** Provided by Stephen Harris

 

And Last updated on: Wednesday, 27-May-2020 23:24:17 BST