Wivenhoe pub history index
The Sun closed in 1805. The Sun was probably situated in 'Sun Yard' (now the Black Buoy car park), but this is only an assumption. The majority of the properties in Sun Yard were demolished c1930. 'Sun' is a common pub name.
Residents at this address
The licensee in 1769 was recorded on the Alehouse Recognizances as Thomas Corder, at the Sun, Wivenhoe.
The licensee in 1772 was recorded on the Alehouse Recognizances as Thomas Forden, at the Sun, Wivenhoe.
The licensee in 1776 was recorded on the Alehouse Recognizances as Thomas Corder, at the Sun, Wivenhoe.
The licensee in 1792 was recorded on the Alehouse Recognizances as John Cadman, at the Sun, Wivenhoe.
The licensee in 1801 was recorded on the Alehouse Recognizances as William Cole, at the Sun, Wivenhoe.