Southampton pub history index
The 1881 census lists the Days Hotel with the Parker family in charge. Starting its life in the 1850ís as Davisís Railway Hotel a fully licensed house, owned by a one Robert Davis it later was renamed Davisís and brought by Cooperís Brewery before becoming a Watneyís House, it under went a major revamp in 1987 becoming a pub/nightclub called Turpinís, it has since closed and demolished being replaced by office blocks. *
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Southampton, Hampshire . The Southampton, Hampshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Davisís, 3 Terminus Terrace, Southampton
Kindly provided by Bob Bates
Davisís now converted into flats 2013
Again kindly provided by Bob Bates
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1884/Charles Thorn/../../../Post Office Directory ****
1898/Frederick Davis Bennet/Railway Hotel, 3 Terminus terrace/../../Kellys Directory ****
1927/Mrs Ellen Jane Lanham/Davis Railway Hotel, 3 Terminus Terrace/../../Kellys Directory ****
1946/Christopher A Brandon/Davis Hotel, 3 Terminus terrace/../../Kellys Directory ****
* Provided By Bob Bates
**** Provided By Kevan