Southampton pub history index
Dating back to the 1860’s this beer house was owed by Scrase’s Star Brewery, changing ownership to Strong’s Romsey Brewery in 1927 when they purchased the Scrase’s Star Brewery. The pub closed on 27th May 1958 and was demolished shortly afterwards for the development of flats for the Northam Estate. *
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Southampton, Hampshire . The Southampton, Hampshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Duke of York, 40 York Street, corner Coburg Street, Southampton
Kindly provided by Bob Bates
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
* Provided By Bob Bates
**** Provided By Kevan