Southampton pub history index
This beer house dating to before 1869 was owned by Long’s Southsea Brewery before being taken over by Brickwood’s Brewery, it closed on 24th October 1957, the building being demolished shortly afterwards, as part of the Northam estate redevelopment. *
March 1917 saw landlady Eva Triggs prosecuted for selling intoxicating liquor outside of permitted hours. *
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Southampton, Hampshire . The Southampton, Hampshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Falcon Inn, 24 Princes Street, corner Coburg Street, Southampton
Kindly provided by Bob Bates
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1891/Harriet Ingram/Beer House Keeper, Widow/70/Shirley, Hampshire/Census
1891/George Ingram/Son, Firewood Dealer/44/Freemantle, Hampshire/Census
1891/Lavinia K Mills/Grand Daughter, Blind/25/Southampton, Hampshire/Census
1898/Mrs Harriet Ingram/Beer Retailer/../../Kellys Directory ****
1927/William Hy Bartlett/beer retailer, 24 Princes Street, Northam/../../Kellys Directory ****
1946/Albert Edward Harper/Beer Retailer/../../Kellys Directory ****
* Provided By Bob Bates
**** Provided By Kevan