Southampton pub history index
Robert Boyce was landlord in 1870’s when it was known as the Cooper’s Arms. The name changed in the 1880’s in honour of the local fox hunt which used to meet at the pub. The 1890’s saw it become the home of the Bitterne Brass Band, Owned by Strong’s Romsey Brewery it became a Whitbread’s brewery House in 1969. *
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Southampton, Hampshire . The Southampton, Hampshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Fox and Hounds, 106 Pound Street, corner Chichester Road, Southampton
Kindly provided by Bob Bates
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1954/Chas J Williams/../../../Kellys Directory ****
* Provided By Bob Bates
**** Provided By Kevan