Southampton pub history index
Opened in the 1880’s when a Mrs Warren was the landlady from which it then took its name Warren’s Wine and Spirit and Refreshment Room’s - it's address was then 12 Above Bar Street becoming 62 when Above Bar Street was renumbered. The 1900’s saw its name as Warren’s Restaurant , the original building was destroyed in an air raid during WW2, and it was relocated to a temporary building whose access was via a long wooden catwalk from Above Bar Street ( not sure H&S would approve nowadays). The present building opened in 1957, called Warren’s and in the early 1980’s saw its name change to Boogie’s. Marston’s Brewery bought it in 1994, and after a refurbishment it opened as the Parkside Tavern, it has had several name changes since and is at present a free House called Firehouse. *
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Southampton, Hampshire . The Southampton, Hampshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Firehouse, Vincent Walk. corner Pound Tree Road, Southampton
Kindly provided by Bob Bates
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1911/Percy Warren/../../../Kellys Directory ****
1920/Percy Warren/../../../Kellys Directory ****
1927/Arth Fraser Byass/Warrens Hotel, 62 Above Bar Street/../../Kellys Directory ****
* Provided By Bob Bates
**** Provided By Kevan