Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ADDINGTON is a village and parish, three miles east of Wrotham, two miles west
of Malling, and eight miles west of Maidstone. The population in 1851 was 220.
The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. The living is a rectory, and incumbency
of the Rev. George K. Paulson; M.A. Aldon is a hamlet in this parish. East
Street is half a mile east.
Letters are received through Maidstone. The nearest Money Order Office is at
Devon, C., Esq.
Paulson, Rev. George R,, M.A.
Pickering, Mrs., Addingtdn Vale
Stratford, John Wingflelcl, Esq.
Brown, William, farmer
Fremlin, Charles, miller
Millhouse, Thomas, builder
Smith, George, Angel