Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in Adisham
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ADISHAM is a parish, six miles and a half S.E. of Canterbury, and three miles
east of Bridge, in Downhamford upper half hundred, Bridge union, St. Augustine
lathe, East Kent. The population in 1851 was 401. The church is dedicated to
Holy Innocents. The living is a rectory, with the chapel of Staple annexed, in
the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev. William W. Dickens, rector.
Bossingden is half a mile N.E.; Appleton, one mile and a half north; Telden, two
miles S.W.; Cold Harbour two
miles and a half S.W.
Letters received through Wingham. The nearest Money Order Offices are at
Wingham and Canterbury.
Clark, Mr. Thomas
Dickens, Rev. W. W., Hector
Walker, Mr. Joseph
Addley, Thomas W., farmer
Bish, Joseph, grocer and draper
Claringbould, William, wheelwright
Croud, William, carpenter and wheelwright
Elvey, David, shoemaker
Folwell, Mrs. Frances, Bull's Head
Jainer, Mrs. Rebecca, shopkeeper
Laslett, Jane and Frank, farmers
Reynolds, Richard, farmer
Seath, John, farmer
Sladden, Thomas, the Trustees of, farmer, Adisham Court
Young, Thomas, blacksmith