Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in All Hallows, Hoo
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ALLHALLOWS is a small parish, nine miles north of Rochester. The population, in
1851 was 261. The church is very ancient, with wooden turret. The living is a
rectory, of which the Rev. George Nash, of High Halstow is incumbent. Binney is
half a mile east; Slough, half a mile N.E.; Bells, three quarters of a mile N.W.
on the Thames ; Aviary, three quarters of a mile N.W.; Dagnam, one mile west;
Newhall Furland, half a mile S.W.
Letters received through Rochester, which is also the nearest Money Order
Bell, James, farmer
Chapman, John, farmer
Comfort, George, farmer
Dunn, Simon, farmer
Everist, Richard, farmer
Goord, Richard, shopkeeper
Sellis, John, Rose and Crown
Smith, William, shopkeeper