Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ALLINGTON is a small village, one mile north, of Maidstone station. The
population in 1851 was 57. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence, and is a
very small building. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Earl of Romney,
and incumbency of the Rev. Edward Heawood, M.A.
Letters are received through Maidstone, which is also the nearest Money Order
Heawood, Rev. Edward, M.A., Rectory.
Fauchon, John, farmer, New House Farm
Pack, Thomas, farmer, Castle
Paget, Robert, lock keeper