Kent Districts & Kent Lathes| Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in Appledore
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
APPLEDORE is a village with a railway station, seven miles from Rye, 23 from
Canterbury, and 10 south from Ashford. The church of St. Peter and St. Paul
appears to be of ancient date. The living is a vicarage, with the perpetual
curacy of Ebony. The Rev. W. W. Kirby is the incumbent. The population in 1851
POST-OFFICE. - William Durrant, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Office is at
Kirby, Rev. W. W., Vicarage
Paine, Thomas, Esq., Forstall Hall
Spelsted, the Misses M. and A.