Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in Ash near Ridley
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ASHE, or ASH, is a parish, and a neat village, eight miles and a half from
Gravesend, 16 miles N.W. from Maidstone, eight miles S.E. of Dartford, and 10
miles N.E. of Sevenoaks. The population in 1851 was 702. The church is a very
neat building; the Rev. Richard Salwey, B.A., is the incumbent.
POST-OFFICE - James Buggs, Receiver. Letters are received through Sevenoaks.
The nearest Money Order Office is at Wrotham.
Fletcher, Amos, Esq., Hodsoll Street
Gladdish, Thomas N., Esq.
Salwey, Rev. Richard, B.A., Rectory