Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in Ashurst
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ASHURST is a village, six miles south of Penshurst station, and four miles west
from Tunbridge Wells station. The population in 1861 was 241. The church is a
very small edifice, with a wooden steeple. The living is a rectory, in the gift
of the Earl of Delaware; the Rev. William Ramsden, M.A., is the incumbent.
Letters are received through Tunbridge .Wells, which is also the nearest Money
Field, George, Esq.
Ramsden, Rev. William, M.A.
Raven, Rev. J. D., Curate
Ranger, Henry, Esq.
Snale, Henry Lewis, Esq., Ashurst Lodge
Box, Mrs. Ann, shopkeeper
Brown, William, mason
Coffin, Thomas, miller
Taylor, Lucy, Star Inn