Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BARFRESTON is a village, eight miles N.W. of Dover, seven miles S.E. of
Canterbury, in Eastry union and hundred, lathe of St. Augustine, East Kent. The
population in 1851 was 133. The church is called St. Mary. The living is a
rectory, in the patronage of St. John's College, Oxford. The Rev. Edward Thomas
Letters received through Wingham. The nearest Money Order Offices are at Wingham
Austen, Rev. E. T., rector | Cullen, William, Esq.
Harvey, John, farmer
Orton, John, Grazier
Upton, William, beer retailer
Willmott, Robert, shoemaker
Young, William, shopkeeper and carrier