Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in Bethersden
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BETHERSDEN is a village six miles from Tenterden; six miles from Ashford,
and twenty miles from Canterbury. The church is dedicated to St. Beatrice ;
the living is a vicarage in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury ; the
Rev. A. J. Pearman is the incumbent. The population in 1851 was 1,125.
Rowsend is one mile and a half east; Surrenden and Worse Bridge two miles
east; Wisenden Green one mile and a half N.W.; Romden two miles N.W. ; Paris
Corner half a mile N.E.; Runsell Green one mile N.E.; Freed Green one mile
north; Snode Hill Green one mile and a half north; Etchden Heath two miles
N.W.; Daniels Water, two miles N.W.; Bristenden one mile and a half S.E.;
Marlin Green one mile S.E.; Cablehook two miles S.E.
POST OFFICE - Hyland, Young, Postmaster. The nearest Money Order Offices
are at Ashford and Tenterden.
Baker, Mr. Henry, Loveall place
Lawwood, Mr. Edward, H., Manor house
Pearman, Rev. A. J., Vicar