Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
BIDBOROUGH is a palish and village, four miles S.S.W. of Tunbridge station, 19
miles from Maidstone, and four miles N.E. of Tunbridge Wells. The population in
1851 was 269. The church is a small ancient building; the living is a rectory,
in the gift of John Deacon, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Charles Bigsby,
M.A. Printstile is three quarters of a mile west; Ashour, one mile and a half
N.W.; Ensfield, two miles north; Haysden and Stapleys, two mies north.
Letters are received through Tunbridge Wells, which is also the nearest Money
Bigsby, Kev. Charles, M.A. | Chippindale, Henry, Esq.
Arnold, Thomas, miller
Avery, John, farmer
Baker, Thomas, farmer
Clark, Edward, farmer
Cooper, Charles, beer retailer and shopkeeper
Duplock, David, shoemaker
Duval, Thomas, shopkeeper
Faircloth, William, blacksmith, &c.
Gellett, William, farmer
Maynard, James, farmer
Miles, Jasper, beer retailer and shopkeeper
Milton, William, farmer
Pankhurst Samuel, farmer
Snasball, John, farmer