Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BIDDENDEN is a village and parish, four miles from Headcorn station, 29 miles
from Canterbury, and five miles from Tenterden. The population in 1851 was
1,457. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury ;
the Rev. James Boys, M.A., is the incumbent. The church is a fine edifice, of
the later English style of architecture.
POST-OFFICE - Miss Elizabeth Tolhurst, Receiver. Letters arrive from Cranbrook,
which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Beale, John, Esq.
Beale", Mrs. Mary
Beale, Richard, jun., Esq., River Hall
Beale, George, Esq.
Boys, Rev. James, M.A., Rectory
Buckenham, Rev. J. R. Curate
Patterson, Colonel Cook T., Ibornden Park
Patterson, Captain W. H. T.
Public Houses in Biddenden