Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
; Archdeacons 1852 directory
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BLACKHEATH is in Lewisham union, the lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, and the hundred of
its name. The Heath joins Greenwich, from which it is approached by a steep
ascent. There is a very handsome church, with a fine spire, built and endowed by
John Augustein, Esq.; also a Congregational chapel, in the Gothic style, near
the railway station, erected in 1854.
POST-OFFICE, Dartmouth row. - Mr. Udle, Receiver.
Receiving and Money Order Office, Tranquil Vale - W. C. Roe, Receiver.
Receiving Office, Blackheath hill. - J. P. Cooper, Receiver.
PLACES OF WORSHIP
Trinity Church. - Rev. J. Fenn, Minister.
St. Germain's Chapel. - Rev. H. Battiscombe, Minister.
Chapel of Ease, Dartmouth place. - Rev. 0. Powles, Minister.
Chapel of Ease, Dartmouth row. - Rev. W. Hawtague, Minister.
St. John's Church, Charlton lane. - Rev. R. G. Lewis, Minister.
Congregational Chapel. - Rev. J, Sherman, Minister.
Gentry in 1858
Traders in Melvilles 1858 Directory