Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BOUGHTON ALUPH is a parish and village one mile west of Wye,
ten from Canterbury, 78 from London, and four N.E. of AsMord. The
church is large, ancient, and handsome; it is dedicated to All Saints. The
living is a vicarage. The incumbent is the Rev. John Billington, M.A.
The population was, in 1851, 538. In the neighbourhood are Boughton Corner and
Boughton Lees. Buckwell is half a mile N.E.;
Ely, half a mile east.
POST-OFFICE - Cophas Clifford, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Office
is at Wye.
Billington, Rev. John, M.A.
Akhurst, Joseph, farmer
Addley, John, grocer and baker
Amos, James, farmer
Bishop, John Richard, farmer
Burton, James, blacksmith
Buss, George, farmer
Clements, William Henry, farmer
Clifford, Cephas, wheelwright and postmaster
Cook, Thomas, farmer
Epps, John, carpenter
Heniker, Jesse, bricklayer
Hobday, Thomas Henry, Flying Horse
Hobday, William, brewer and maltster
Philpott, Daniel, saddler
Sutton, William, farmer