Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BOUGHTON MONCHELSEA is a scattered village, three miles S.E. from Maidstone, and
three miles and a half north of Marden Station. The population in 1851 was
1,086. The church is a neat building. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of
the Dean and Chapter of Rochester; the Rev. John D. Hazlewood, M.A., is the
incumbent. Boughton Green and Boughton Quarry are one mile north ; Wierton
Street is half a mile east; Cock Street, half a mile N.E.
POST-OFFICE.- Frederick Beeching, Receiver. Letters arrive through Staplehurst.
The nearest Money Order Office is at Maidstone.
Awcock, Mr. William
Baldwin, Wriothesley, Esq.
Braddick, John W., Esq., Mount
Hazlewood, Rev. John D., M.A., Vicarage
Moore, William, Esq.
Parton, John, Esq.
Rider, Thomas, Esq., Boughton place
Selby, Mr. John
Surgeon, Mrs, Charlotte
Taylor, Robert C., Esq., Boughton place
Walter, Rev. Frank, Curate
Public Houses in Boughton Monchelsea