Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BOUGHTON, or BOUGHTON-UNDER-BLEAN, is a parish three
miles S.E. of Faversham, and seven west of Canterbury. In 1851 the
1,469. The living is a vicarage in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury,
the manor belongs. The Rev. Samuel George Booth White, vicar. The churches
Saint Peter and Saint Paul stand about a mile from the village. A Wesleyan
was erected in 1844. The Rev. George Graham, Wesleyan minister. Staple
half-a-mile north; South street and Sugar-loaf hill are one mile south;
one mile west.
POST-OFFICE - Richard W. Smith, Receiver. Money orders are granted and paid
at this office.
Barker, Mrs., Grove court
Carter, W., Esq
Graham, Rev. George (Wesleyan)
Jarman, Edward, Esq., Brenley House
Knatchbull, Lady Mary, Nash Court
Lade, John Price, Esq., Wellbrook House
Olgilvie, Mr. John
Plommer, William, Esq
Plommer, James Thomas, Esq.
Plommer, John, Esq.
White, Rev. Samuel George Booth, vicar
Public |Houses in Boughton under Blean