Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BREDHURST is a small parish, six miles S.E. of Rochester, and five miles N.W. of Maidstone. The population in 1851 was 113. The church is dedicated to St Peter. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev. Thomas Andrews, M.A., is the incumbent.
Letters are received through Maidstone, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Akhurst, William, farmer
Inchcoml), James, smith, etc.
Johnson, William, Bell, and shopkeeper
Pemble, Thomas, farmer
Pye, Mrs. Mary Ann, farmer
Wood, William, farmer
Wyles, Edward, miller