Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BRIDGE is a large village three miles south of Canterbury, with a population,
in 1851, of 804. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The living
is a perpetual curacy. The Rev. John Stevenson, M.A., is the incumbent.
The Wesleyans have a place of worship. Pethouse is half a mile west;
Renwell, one mile N.W.
POST-OFFICE - Richard Sherrard, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Office
is at Canterbury
Boyack, Captain Alexander, R.N.
Edlin, Mrs., Riverside House .
Freer, Mr. Thomas
Jarvis, Henry, Esq.
Jarvis, Richard, Esq
Pittock, Thomas, Esq.
Pratt, Lieutenant David
Public Houses in Bridge