Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Public Houses in Burham
BURHAM is a small village, five miles N.W. of Maidstone and S.W. of Rochester.
The population in 1851 was 518. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of
Colonel Milner. The Rev. Lambert B. Larking, M.A., is the incumbent. Here is
also a place of worship for Wesleyans. Kewland is one mile and a half south.
POST-OFFICE. - Edward Jessup, Receiver.
Rowe, Rev. Hutton.
Bassett, Mrs. Ann, farmer
Brooker, Ann, beer retailer
Howard, William, Fleur-de-Lis
Jenkins, Thomas, boot and shoe maker
Jessup, Edward, baker, and post-office
Jordan, Robert, butcher
Kemsley, Daniel, beer retailer
Kemsley, Thomas, beer retailer
Kingsnortb, William, miller
Knott, George, shopkeeper
Lane, Henry, Royal Exchange
Mantle, George, shopkeeper
Siddell, George, pheasant breeder
Soman, Stephen, Old Bell
Swan, Abraham, farmer
Topley, Thomas, Robin Hood
Ward, Ambrose, farmer