Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
CHISLEHURST is a large parish, three miles east from Bromley, 11 miles S.E. from
London, and eight miles S.W. from Dartford. The church of St. Nicholas is a fine
edifice, and stands in the centre of the village. The living is a rectory, in
the gift of the See of Worcester, and incumbency of the Rev. Francis Henry
Murray, M.A. The population in 1851 was 2,088.
Here are chapels for the Baptists and Wesleyans, and also a new Catholic chapel.
POST-OFFICE - John J Gravett, Postmaster. Letters arrive from London and all
parts through Bromley. Money Orders are granted and paid at this Office.
Public Houses in Chislehurst