Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
DITTON is a parish and village, four miles and a half N.W. from Maidstone. The population in 1851 was 235. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Earl of Aylesford, and incumbency of the Rev. W. H, Burroughes, M.A. Mill Hall and Cold Harbour are half a mile north; Borough Court and New Hythe, one mile north; Preston, one mile east.
Letters are received through Maidstone, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Burroughs, William H., M.A., Rectory
Golding, John, Esq., Ditton Place
Pack, Thomas, Esq., Ditton Court
Allchin, Thomas, miller
Carman, George, farmer .
Humphrys, George, carpenter
Nash, William, parish clerk and gardener
Spratt, Stephen, miller