Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
EBONY is a small village, two miles west from Appledore station, and four S.E. from Tenterden. The church is a small building, and stands about a mile from the village. The living is annexed to that of Appledore.
The population in 1851 was 176. Reading Street is half a mile N.E.
Letters received through Tenterden, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Beken, James, shopkeeper
Boon, George, farmer
Hilder, William, farmer
Paine, George, White Hart and Lamb
Paine, Thomas, farmer
Poile, John, farmer