Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ERITH is an ancient parish and village, and has a railway station on the North
Kent line, three miles from Dartford and seven from Gravesend; it was formerly a
market town. The population in 1851 was 2,231. The church is dedicated to St.
John the Baptist. The living is a vicarage; the Rev. Archdeacon Charles James
Smith, M.A., is the incumbent,
POST-OFFICE. - Michael Hind, Postmaster. Money Orders are granted and paid at
Public Houses in Erith