Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
FARNINGHAM is a large village and parish, seventeen miles from Maidstone, five
miles south from Dartford, and nine miles north of Sevenoaks. The
population is 701. The church, dedicated to St Peter and St Paul, is built in
the early English style. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the
Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev. Andrew William Burnside is the incumbent.
Charlton is half a mile S.E.; Beesfield, one mile S.E.; Pedham, one mile N.W.
POST-OFFICE - Joseph Hearn, Receiver, letters are received through Dartford,
which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Public Houses in Farningham