Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
FAWKHAM is a village and parish, five miles north from Wrotham, eight miles S.W.
from Gravesend, and eight miles S.E. from Dartford. The population in 1851 was
277. Here is a parish church; the Rev. Richard Salwey, B.A., is the incumbent.
Dean Bottom is three quarters of a mile N.W. ;Pinden one mile north ; Firby,
three quarters of a mile S.E.; Pennis, half a mile south.
POST-OFFICE - Mrs. Mary Goodwin, Receiver. Letters are received through
The nearest Money Order Office is at Meopham.
Rev, John Leslie Hallward, M.A., Curate
Allen, Robert, farmer
Cooper, William, farmer
Goodwin, Mrs. Mary, postmistress
Killiok, Samuel, farmer
Parker, Robert, parish clerk
Ralph, Richard, Rising Sun, Fawkham Green
Webster, James, draper and grocer
Young, Thomas, farmer, carpenter, &c.