Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Pubs of Foots
THE CRAYS are four respectable villages and parishes, contiguous to each other,
in the lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Ruxley hundred, and Bromley union, West Kent.
The most important of the four villages is St. Mary Cray, with a population, in
1851, of 1,400. Next is Foot's Cray, which was formerly called Fore's Cray. It
lies on the direct road from London to Maidstone, and is five miles from
Bromley; the population of which, in 1851, was 369, and of North Cray, 570, and
St. Paul's Cray, 554. Each of
these villages has its parish church; they are in the diocese of Canterbury.
Chapman, the Misses
Jeffries, Captain .
Kinder, Richard, Esq.
Madox, T. F., Esq.
Pritchard, Thomas, Esq.
Vansittart, Arthur, Esq
Warrener, Rev. Enoch, M.A., Rector