Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
FRITTENDEN is a village and parish, four miles and a half N.E. from Cranbrook,
and three miles S.W. from. Headcorn station. The population in 1851 was 908. The
church is dedicated to St. Mary, and was rebuilt in 1840. The rectory is a
handsome residence, and adjoins the church; the Rev. Edward Moore, M.A., is the
POST-OFFICE - Edward Murphy, Receiver. Letters arrive from Staplehurst,
which is also the nearest Money. Order Office.
Public Houses in Frittenden
Moore, Rev. Edward, M.A., Rectory
Woolaston, Alexander L., Esq., Camdea place