Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Gillingham was at one time a considerable manufacturing village. The church is
dedicated to St. Mary; in the interior are some very ancient monuments and
tombs, also a Norman font and two piscinoe. The living is a vicarage, in the
gift of Brazennose College, Oxford.
New Brompton is a district in the parish of Gillingham.
Frindsbury was formerly named AEslingham. All Saints' church is an
ancient edifice, and is a vicarage, in the gift of the Bishop of Rochester.
[Also see Brompton]
Public Houses in Gillingham