Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
GUSTON is a parish, two miles and a half north of Dover. The population in 1851
was 400. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. The living is a perpetual
curacy, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and incumbency of the
Rev. Edward G. Boys, M.A.
Letters received through Dover, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Lidbetter, John, Esq.
Davison, John, farmer
Eastes, Richard, farmer, brickmaker, and builder
Eastes, William, farmer, Guston Court
Fox, George, beer retailer
Hopper, Mrs. Caroline, schoolmistress
Horne, Thomas, shopkeeper
Mummery, John, miller
Prescott, Francis, farmer, Castle Hill
Ratcliffe, William, cowkeeper and shopkeeper
Taylor, John, farmer