Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
HEADCORN is a large village and railway station, 11 miles from Ashford, 35 from
Canterbury, and nine S.E. by east from Maidstone. The church is dedicated to St.
Peter and St. Paul. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Archbishop of
Canterbury; the Rev. Henry D. Sewell, M.A., is the incumbent. There are Baptist
and Wesleyan Methodist Chapels here. The population in 1851 was 1,344.
POST .OFFICE - John venden, Receiver. Letters atrive from Staplehurst, which is
also the nearest Money Order Office.
Fullager, Mr. John
Sewell, Rev. Henry oyle,M.A., Vicarage
Squier, Rev. John Omer
Taylor, Mrs. Elizabeth
Waghorn, Mrs. Elizabeth