Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Public Houses in Hever
HEVER is a parish, three miles S.E. from Edenbridge station, and nine S.E. from
Sevenoaks. The population in 1851 was 603. The church of St. Peter is a small,
neat building. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of Edmund Wakefield
Mead Waldo, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. William Wilberforce Battye, M.A.
POST-OFFICE._ William Best, Receiver. Letters arrive through denbridge, which
is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Battye, Rev. William Wilberforoe, M.A,
Lefroy, G. B., Esq.
Morris, Normand, Esq.
Streatfield, Captain Richard, R.N.