Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
HIGH HALSTOW is a village and parish, five miles N.E. from Higham station, and six north of Rochester. The population in 1851 was 354. The living is a rectory, in the patronage and incumbency of ihe Rev. Robert sG. Burt, M.A. Clinch is one mile N.E.; Swigshole, two miles north; Dolam, half a mile N.W.; Duckscourt, half a mile S.W.; Lodge Hill, one mile and a half S.W.; Deangate, one mile S.W.; Sharnal, one mile S.E.
Letters received through Rochester, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Nash, Rev. George E., Curate,
Comfort, Michael S., farmer
Guy, John, farmer
Hambrook, Edward, Dog
May, Thomas, farmer
Mons, Samuel, boot and shoe mate
Murton, Richard, farmer
Osenton, George, wheelwright and farmer
Osenton, William, shopkeeper - see Lord Nelson, Chalk
Peters, Henry, farrier, etc
Peters, Miss Mary Ann, day school
Smith, Horace, bailiff, etc.